This past week our sweet Maddy turned 6. We can't believe that six years have come and gone so quickly. The week started out with Maddy being the "super star" of the week in her Kindergarten class. We put together a poster with pictures, completed a book that was all about her (her favorite things) and Scott wrote a letter that was read to the class. She was so excited all week and felt so special.
I stayed home from work on Thursday and Friday so we could just have fun and spend time together. Thursday night we had the grandparents over. We asks Mads what she wanted for dinner...chicken, corn, and mashed potatoes. I asked her what type of cake she wanted, "chocolate with white frosting." She loves chocolate...but the white frosting is purely for appearance, I think. I was very proud of my cake-making skills. Instead of just using frosting for the middle layer, I used pudding...it turned out really yummy and looked pretty good as well.
Maddy opened her presents...her favorite gift, the Razor scooter we got her. She rode it all over the kitchen and has been outside several times with it. She got some clothes as well from my mom and Scott's parents, which was good. Xan and Tommy got her some beads to make necklaces with.
On Saturday we had her friends over for a party. It was hard because this was the first year we decided to have all girls. Maddy really missed her guy friends, but I figured, give it 6 years and they will be back at the party!
Several months ago, Maddy wanted to have an Olympics party. She came up with her own games and that's what we did. We had each kid make their own flag, then we had a bean bag toss into the olympic rings, followed up by a relay race where they had to walk as fast as they could with a book on their head and then with an egg on a spoon around the kitchen. They all enjoyed cheering each other on. The last event was a balloon event. We filled one of our swimming pools with 200 + balloons of which one was black. Each kid needed to find the black balloon to claim their prize. We then opened presents, had cake and ice cream and at the end, passed out our gold medals. It was a lot of fun. One of my most favorite moments was when Scott "fell" in the pool and couldn't get out. The kids were jumping all over him. I couldn't stop laughing!
On Sunday we had dinner at my birth mom, Karen's house. She also had a very delicious chicken and chocolate cake with white frosting. Maddy was in heaven and had a great time!
Happy Birthday Maddy! We love you!
Here is a video of Maddy diving into the balloons...AWESOME!
3 comments:
That is so cool, I love her ideas. It looks like we missed out on a great party. Morgan was sad that she did not go. I would of loved to be there when Scott fell. I am so glad you have help at your parties Josh has never helped me with a prty yet.
happy birthday big girl! your mom must be getting old to have a 6 year old!
I want to see the video of Scott diving into the pool. The picture just doesn't do it justice. I want more. He he!!
Post a Comment