Thursday, August 28, 2008

New do...

I love my husband for many reasons, but here is one...when I ask him what I should do with my hair, he tells me "whatever you want." I then will say "well you are the one who has to look at me" and then he will tell me "it's your hair and I will still love you regardless of what it looks like."
In the almost 8 years of our marriage, we have had this same conversation numerous times. The other day he pointed out 2 things as we were starting to have this conversation again:

1. My hair looks like everyone's in the neighborhood (not that it's a bad thing because the A-line, bob, whatever you want to call is is darling and looks good on most people)...
and

2. I have had the same haircut, or variation of the same haircut, for 2o years. Not that he has known me for 20 years, but he is right...it has been roughly the same with little variation (short or long) for a long time.

I asked him what I should do and he told me to go to a stylist and ask what I should do. I said "whenever I do ask, they hmmm and haaaa and won't give me an opinion." He said I should go to a different stylist then.

A couple of Sunday's ago while at church, I was speaking with my friend Camille... I told her my dilemna and asked her how to go about finding a stylist who will give me an opinion. She told me to call her and set up an appointment...duh...Camille is amazing and cuts hair beautifully...why didn't I just call her in the first place!!!

So, I made the appointment and told her that she could do whatever I wanted, however I had 3 rules:

1. I didn't want bangs
2. No mullets
3. I didn't want to look like a pin head

I needed something different. So last night I had my appointment and KUDOS to Camille for not being scared to do something different. I am very happy... a little shocked as I have never had my hair like this... but am happy and excited for my new do!
What do ya'll think???


So, thank you to Camille for doing my hair! You rock!!! It's good to still be a lucious vixen, but an updated, different, lucious vixen!

9 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Love it. Hot Cha! It makes you look younger too, I say you look at least 4 years younger. One hot mamma. Watch out!

Camille said...

Well you know how i feel about it! You look so cute! I love it! Thanks for trusting me ;)
it was so fun to chat with you! I had a blast doing your hair!

ba and the boys said...

so CUTE! i need to camille!
ps-youd look cute bald!

Jennie said...

Love your new haircut! It looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Loooooooveeee it! She rocks, doens't she??? You look darling!

The Selleneits said...

Okay so I really like it. It looks great. Camille did a great job. I think it makes you look even more sexy.

Cindy and Quent said...

Missy...I love the new haircut! It looks great, if only I were that brave!

Lindsay said...

Missy, I love your hair!! You are one hot chick! ;)

Faye said...

I love the new haircut!!!! You look absolutely fabulous :)