Ok, so I realize that I have been TERRIBLE at updating my blog. I thought for sure that while I was on maternity leave and not in front of a computer all day, that I would be happy to blog to my heart's content...not so. We are so glad that Tommy is here, however, I forgot how hard a newborn is let alone now being out-numbered by 3 kids! We are now having fun being a "Party of Five" and are finally getting into the groove of our new everyday life.
Here is what we have been up to for the past month!!!!
Tommy is getting big...when he was born, he weighed in at 8 lbs 2 oz...2 weeks ago he was 11 lbs. He's putting on about a pound a week. Maddy will look at him and say "you are getting so chubby." Which is true...plus, he is getting so long. He is sleeping between 4 and 5 hours at a time in the night, which is fantastic. There are some nights where he has a rough time and will get up every 3 hours or so (last night), but for the most part he is doing a good job! Scott has been a great help and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband!!! Tommy has started to smile, however I have yet to capture it on camera...he must get this from my brother who rarely smiled on camera!

Tommy, his first week home...

Chillin' with the mom...

Hangin' with the sisters...

This was too cute to pass up...Xan was laying in the basket we keep our blankets in. She was very comfortable and was there for about 30 minutes.

Xan and Maddy are very good big sisters!

The proud papa and his little boy. At last, more testosterone in the house!
My birthday came and went (on July 24th) and I have no pictures to show for it...turning 34 isn't that big of a deal, is it??? My cousin's from Canada were in town so we went to my mom's house and had brats, sourkraut, blaukraut (red cabbage), spaetzle... It was a total German fest and was delicious. Thank you hubby and my mom for making it possible!!!!
July 26th...Maddy and Xan had been asking to have a beach party since before Tommy was born. I was too pregnant to even care about it but I did promise that once the baby came, we would have the party. We invited the neighbor kids, had the slip and slide, swimming pool, and all sorts of water fun.
We also had lunch, pizza, since a new Little Ceasars opened down the street...plus it was little effort.
A lot of the ladies thought I was insane to do this, but it truly was easy. Thanks to everyone who helped and brought their kids! It was a great activity to have before school started!!!!
Maddy's First Day of School - August 5th


Maddy was so excited to start Kindergarten at Foothills Elementary. Her teacher is Mrs. Atwood and she really likes her. Maddy loves school and is doing well. Right now is kind of a review of the alphabet, numbers, shapes, etc...things she learned in preschool, but she is still loving it anyway. She loves recess and seeing her friends. I have loved being home and being able to help her get ready each morning and drive or walk her to school. She is growing up very fast!
Each Friday she brings home a "homework folder" which will have her homework for the upcoming week. We also read 15 minutes a day. She is picking up words fast and should hopefully be reading by the end of the year. She is awesome!!!
Basically the month of August has been a month of hanging out and getting use to live as a "Party of Five."
Can someone tell me what's up with the fingers in the nose???



Maddy loses her first tooth...
One morning Maddy had her finger in her mouth. I asked what she was doing so she opened her mouth and it looked like there was a canker sore behind her bottom tooth...I felt it and lo and behold, it was a tooth. We tried to get the tooth infront of it loose by wiggling it each day, but it wouldn't budge! We took Maddy to the good Dr. Thornell and he pulled her tooth. Maddy has no idea that she had 4 shots that day in her mouth to numb her!!! Dr. Thornell is EXCELLENT (even if he is only 1 year older than me!) She put her tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy to come. She was very excited. Now, in my world the tooth fairy is a man that wears a dentist coat and has very tiny wings on his back. I know the rest of you think it's a woman, it isn't...it's a guy. Just rent "Santa Clause 2" and you will see him. That is the image that I have pictured! The tooth fairy took her tooth and left her a dollar. It was very fun!
Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum
Last Thursday we went to the Dinosaur Museum with my birth mom, Karen, half-sister Elisha and her son Ayden. We had loads of fun. The girls had a blast and it was very educational. Elisha pointed out the funniest thing and I wish I would have taken a picture of it. In one of the exhibits, there is a tiny garden gnome on top of one of the dinosaurs. It was so funny.
I recommending going to the museum on a week day, in the middle of the day... it wasn't crowded at all so the kids were able to see everything without being in a huge crowd. At the end of the exhibit, there is a "sand box" where you are able to "dig" for fossils. The kids had a blast and I wish that we could have stayed longer. I am going to be very sad to go back to work on Monday. :-( Oh well, I am just grateful for the time off that I have had and the 3 beautiful children that are in my life!!!!
Happy Birthday
to my HOT HUBBY Scott!!!

On Monday, August 25th, we celebrated Scott's birthday (he is now 46...in 4 years he will be 50!!! Ahhhhh!) Scott's parents were kind enought to babysit for us so we could go on a date. We went up to the U to see the Monet to Picasso art exhibit... It was really awesome. Scott loves to paint and loves art. I appreciate this as it helps me to learn more about these artists and how beautiful a painting can be when you understand more about it. After that we went to the Gateway to Biaggi's for dinner. DELICIOUS! It was nice to have a night out on the town! Plus, why wouldn't he want to be seen with this luscious vixen...
So that's what we have been doing this summer! I believe this is the largest post in the history of Missy...Pretty crazy and although I say that I will be better at updating my blog, that wouldn't be me and it wouldn't be what you are all use to! Over and out!
6 comments:
So you also look hot in these pictures too. I think I might have a crush on you.
thank you so much for posting! now i can get off of your back about it...for a few weeks!
ps-that tommy is just to dang adorable!
Oh my, what a long long post. But I am so glad to finiy see some new pix of the little man and the family. I am very happy for you and your party of five.
You are a fabulous mother. I am amazed at all you do with what little time you have. Your girls are very lucky to have you as there mother. And I am not just saying that. How ever you could pay me if you want. That would be nice.
I love all the new pictures! Tommy is getting so big! What cute kids you have! And Missy, you look amazing!!!
You & Theo with the old men hubbys! You look so fabulous and happy, Miss! I'm really glad for you.
My "baby" started kindergarten this year! Wah! Although I'm loving the "time off", I miss my little buddy, too.
Boys are A LOT of fun, and very different from girls. Enjoy!!
Thank you for finally updating your blog (slacker!) What a fun summer you've had and what a gorgeous family! :-)
Post a Comment