Monday, April 20, 2009

Salt Lake Marathon Bike Tour 2009

Ah, after 2 years of not riding my bike, I thought a great time to start would be Saturday...riding 26.2 miles on no training whatsoever! Now, although my legs and my bum hurt, I feel that I did an awesome job and am in better shape that I thought! That's the good news. The bad news, I have to ride 75 miles at the end of June...better get my rump in gear and start training.



Saturday morning started very early at 4:15am...I was so nervous that I would sleep through my alarm, I woke up at 3am, then 3:30am, then finally at 4:13am, decided to just get out of bed, turn off the alarms so I didn't wake up my peaceful, hot hubby from his sleep.


I loaded up my bike on the back of my car and drove to my friend Kristin's house to caravan up to the U with them. Ah...as we rounded Knutsen corner, I called my friend in the car behind her and welcomed her to the East side...what a glorious place to be. My home, my youth, my past. Ahhhhhhhhh.


Anyway, we made it up to the U and were waiting for the race to start under the Olympic Legacy Bridge by the Huntsman Center. It was great. Kristen had several members of her family and her hubby's family there. It was so great.


I was SO GLAD that I had purchased some biking leg warmers...last time I just wore shorts and yes, I was cold, but what a difference some long pants made!!!


We met my mom at 4500 S and 2300 E where she waited for us with Power Bars and bananas...she is awesome! It was so fun for her to just drive down the street to see us.

Once we got to 500 E, we decided to stop for a photo op...aren't we so darling!



All in all, I had a great time and was so glad that I did this ride. I was very proud of myself and know that I will be able to do the MS 150 in June...hopefully without killing myself!


See you all next year!!!

4 comments:

Ba and Scott said...

Very cool Missy! This is why you probably lost so much weight! Way to be awesome!

Amber H. said...

You look Great Missy! I wish I could look that good in bike gear! Maybe next year, pregnancy doesn't seem to agree with bike gear. lol

Ashlee Garn said...

CONGRATS! Way to go you! And good luck with the MS 150. Everyone keeps trying to get me to do it...one problem, no bike :)

Marianne said...

I hope that it is okay that I am blog stalking you. Way to go lady! Plus you look cool in your threads.