Happy Birthday Tommy Pooters!!!

Time sure has been flying by! It's very hard to believe that our little boy is now 2. Tommy has done a lot of growing this past year. Although he is only in the 60th percentile for both height and weight, he has changed so much. He understands most everything that you say to him, and although he has few words, he can show you what he needs. Currently his most common words are: mom, dad, Gram, yes (pronounced "yesh"), no, mine, car, baba (which means binky or blanket), and hello.
The morning of his birthday was fun. Right when he got up, the girls were telling him "happy birthday" and giving him lots of hugs and kisses. Keep in mind...he had just woke up so he wasn't the happiest birthday boy on earth at this point. I took a 1/2 day off work and we went swimming at Scott's parent's place. Tommy knows how to hang on the wall in the pool and scoot around the sides.
We came back to our house where we had cake and ice cream with our family and a couple close friends from the neighborhood. Tommy enjoyed eating the frosting off his cake, but his favorite part was the presents (surprise, surprise). Our friends the Daw's and the Sokol's gave him these Mega Bloks cars...keep in mind, for Christmas he received some of these and they are his favorite. After he opened those presents, I had a hard time getting him to be interested in the others. Thanks to everyone who came and gave such awesome gifts.
Since his birthday, he has been carrying the cars around the house and takes them to bed with him. He is all boy and is darling!
The morning of his birthday was fun. Right when he got up, the girls were telling him "happy birthday" and giving him lots of hugs and kisses. Keep in mind...he had just woke up so he wasn't the happiest birthday boy on earth at this point. I took a 1/2 day off work and we went swimming at Scott's parent's place. Tommy knows how to hang on the wall in the pool and scoot around the sides.
We came back to our house where we had cake and ice cream with our family and a couple close friends from the neighborhood. Tommy enjoyed eating the frosting off his cake, but his favorite part was the presents (surprise, surprise). Our friends the Daw's and the Sokol's gave him these Mega Bloks cars...keep in mind, for Christmas he received some of these and they are his favorite. After he opened those presents, I had a hard time getting him to be interested in the others. Thanks to everyone who came and gave such awesome gifts.
Since his birthday, he has been carrying the cars around the house and takes them to bed with him. He is all boy and is darling!
4 comments:
thanks for inviting us. It was tons o fun! happy bday tommy boy!
I can't believe Tommy is two already! He's such a cutie!
Happy Birthday Tommy!!! I am so glad that you are posting on your blog. Please, please keep going! How are you all doing? I got your text about the 5K in October -- I am totally going to get registered. I can't wait to see you all again.
So cute! And my Ry was a total binky boy, too, until he was 3. :)
Post a Comment