Saturday, July 31, 2010

UCW...Rocky Mountain Rumble

I went on the BEST DATE OF ALL TIME with my hot hubby.



Did we go to a fancy restaurant?
No.

Did we go to an awesome movie?
No.

Did we go to entertainment wrestling...
YES!


This is where the magic happens!

I work with a guy who wrestles with UCW (Utah Championship Wrestling). He has been telling me for months that I should go. Last month, his boss and supervisor went...they both had a total blast so I asked Martin (aka Tristan Gallo) when his next match would be. We got lucky...it was the last day of July AND it was the Rocky Mountain Rumble...not only did it have a championship title match, but also 25 men in the ring trying to win a shot at the title!

I even made a poster for my friend...which must have been the best poster in the place...10 people even asked to take a picture of it!

The best poster of all time! Martin had totd me he was a bad guy so I thought it would be good to put him in the Gallows...get it...Gallo - Gallows???

My mom was kind enough to watch the kiddies and off we went. I wasn't sure what to expect, the type of people to expect (well...let's be honest, I kind of knew what type of people to expect and I was TOTALLY right) and the quality of the wrestling. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised...even the regulars were very nice and super excited to see new faces in attendance.

Now, I hate to admit this, but I have watched WWE (formerly WWF...I'm a geek) for years...I was a huge Hulk Hogan fan when I was a kid and love the Rock... so I have seen a lot of entertainment wrestling in my 36 years...but never live. I was pleasantly surprised at how good they were and how fun it was to watch.

My friend did a great job of playing up his injury (which at the end we discovered was actually real...I hope you are ok) and I totally got into the yelling and screaming, picking favorites, and just having a great, white trash time!


Tristan, after hurting his hamstring.

The refs were kind enough to help him out!

It was first come, first serve seating, so we were on the front row in one of the corners. During the title match, a wrestler named Cassidy was thrown out of the ring...Paco...the champion...came out of the ring, and up to us to tell us that we had to move...I was like "what" so we got up... Paco then threw Cassidy into our chairs...I SO WISH that I would have kept the video recording...I turned it back on...we set up our seats again and Cassidy was out of the ring again. Paco jumped out of the ring right in front of us...I was laughing so hard that I was crying! Needless to say, Paco won!



The Rocky Mountain rumble began and Tristan entered the ring first...then every so often another would come in until there were 25 in the ring....I will say, it did get a little old after a while and both Scott and I thought the Rumble went on far to long...but...we had a great time!

I was able to get pictures with Tristan and Cassidy (although he did ask me to show off my guns as well). Martin's sister (I think that's who it was) took a picture of Scott and I with Tristan...hopefully I can get a copy of it.


Me and Martin, aka Tristan Gallo


Me and Cassidy...my guns are just as awesome as his, right?

Thanks for a great evening UCW...we will totally go again!

2 comments:

Ba and Scott said...

Dude that is awesome! How fun and cool are you!

Chelsea said...

Looks like a blast! I love reading your blog - so fun :)