I'm sure you all didn't realize what a "Pop Culture" whiz I am. I listen to 101.9 The End and in the mornings at 6:45am they do a game called the "University of Pop Culture." Every morning that I listen, I practically am yelling at the radio (yes, I know I'm nuts) with the answers. The week before Thanksgiving I decided to call in on my way to work. I got through and competed for 4 days on the radio and won some awesome prizes. The first day "class" was movies...I won Ratatoullie and Spiderman 3 on DVD. The 2nd day was music...I won 4 tickets to ride the Polar Express (Heber Creeper)...the 3rd day was TV...I won Gilmore Girls season 7 on DVD (not my favorite, but still kewl to win) and the last day was General pop culture where I received my diploma and a $100 gift certificate to a restaurant. Pretty sweet!
The best prize was the Polar Express...the girls had such a great time and so did we. We went up to Heber and had dinner. When you get on the train, they pass out cookies and hot chocolate...the train then goes down 5 miles or so (it takes about 45 minutes). During this time we got to read the Polar Express book as well as sang Christmas Carols. Once we got to our destination, Santa got on the train and visited with each child. Each child also gets a bell, just like the story. They also had a train master that would punch the tickets and elves to help the kids feel comfortable. It was such a great experience! Xan did have fun, but Maddy was so geeked about the whole experience! I mean, normally when it's late at night she will fall asleep in the car on the way home, she didn't! She was so excited that she couldn't sleep!
We think that this might become one of our favorite family traditions! Now...if I could win tickets again....
2 comments:
you rock! but everyone will know if you give them 'ratatoullie' or 'spiderman 3' that you regifted!
We were listening and heard it all. Great job Melissa!
Post a Comment