Friday, October 10, 2008

The Bachelorette Party...

Wow! What a great night. My good friend Tammy is getting married and I was invited to a party held in her honor. Not only is she wonderful, but believe it or not, she is marrying someone from my and my hubby's past...Joe Swirderski...WOW! I was floored when I heard the news about Tammy and even more floored when I realized who she was marrying.

Here is the 411...when we were first married back in 2000, we lived in San Francisco. Our first ward was the South San Francisco ward where I was put in as Young Women's President. My first counselor was Kristi Swirderski (Joe's late wife). Unfortunatly, about 2 years ago, Kristi passed away from cancer. We were devastated to hear the news...especially since Big Joe had 2 kiddies.

Fast forward...I received an email from my friend Tina regarding Tammy...I was so excited to hear the news of Tammy's engagement that I quickly called her. As we talked I asked her about this guy that she met on the internet. She mentioned that he had kids and that she would be moving to northern California. All of a sudden, I asked her if his last name was Swirderski...it was!

Not only am I extremely happy for Tammy, but we are SO happy for Joe!!! Tammy is wonderful and Joe is fantastic....


Congratulations Tammy and Joe!!!

1 comment:

Scott B. said...

Great post. I love Tammy, she is so awesome. Joe is a lucky guy.

How crazy that you know Joe and Tammy. I bet you never predicted this.