Victory is ours...
...well, at least Scott's....last year, at the Bradley's Halloween party, we thought we had a fabulous costume and that we would win 1st place...but nooooo...our friend Jen had to come as a "one night stand" and won! (see this link for more info: Party).
This year the theme was Shrek and Scott won first place! He went as Doris, the ugly step sister. I went as Prince Charming, but Scott's costume stole the show!!! I must say, his make up job was excellent. Scott used one of my old night gowns and sewed (yes, sewed) the sleeves and extended the bottom length. I glued (yes, glued) the coins on the dress and braided my long, blonde wig so he looked like Doris. Granted, Doris had brown hair, but this worked just fine!
This year the theme was Shrek and Scott won first place! He went as Doris, the ugly step sister. I went as Prince Charming, but Scott's costume stole the show!!! I must say, his make up job was excellent. Scott used one of my old night gowns and sewed (yes, sewed) the sleeves and extended the bottom length. I glued (yes, glued) the coins on the dress and braided my long, blonde wig so he looked like Doris. Granted, Doris had brown hair, but this worked just fine!
They had several games to play...guess how many items were in a jar...we won the Shrek's Toenail Clippings (sunflower seeds), they also had these vials of liquid that you needed to smell to guess what it was. Our friend Jen won that...she has a super sniffer!!! We also played Shrek Taboo. I must say, Ed and Wendi put a lot of time and effort into the party and it is always so much fun.
We brought Tommy with us and he was so good. He just was happy and very content. Maddy and Xan were watched by Saundra, whom they love very much.
We are so grateful for the Bradley's friendship. We had a great time and look forward to next year (assuming we are still on the "A" list)!
1 comment:
Ok, now that it's TWO MONTHS later..(sorry about the delay) I had forgotten to ask you about this! AND YES!!! YOU WON! I'm so glad the wig worked! And the costume is PERFEcT! :)
Post a Comment