Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

We hope that everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!

This year was so much fun with the kids. Xan really understood this year what it was all about. When we asked her what she wanted to be, she said "a spider." Now, most of you know that I am not that creative, however I did get an idea out of the Parenting magazine of how to construct this "spider" costume. I had a lot of fun making it and really feel like I accomplished something. My hubby is the one who is very talented in the sewing arena, however I was pretty proud of myself with Xan's costume. This year we were able to buy Maddy's vampire costume for $7. I love it when things are cheap!

After Maddy got home from school, we carved pumpkins and got ready for the night. We had french bread pizza for dinner and the girls were just so excited to go out. I dressed up as a "goth chick." Go figure, and what else is new. Last year I had surgery so Scotty took the girls out. This year, it was my turn and Scotty stayed home with Tommy to pass out candy. I had Scott and Tommy dressed up like Cheeseheads...so cute!

For the first time, no pictures of me....I forgot to have Scott take one in my goth gear! Anyway, we probably walked a mile or so and the girls got loaded up. After each house Xan would ask "are we going home?" I told her no, but asked if she wanted to go home, she always said no. They were such troopers. We met up with my friend Kristin and her daughter Alyssa (she was a fairy princess). It was raining just a bit, but we still had fun. The girls were warm, which was good.

We finally got back to the house at about a quarter to 8pm. The girls were spent...granted, they did want to eat all their candy at that time!

I love Halloween! Not only for the dressing up, but because it is the beginning of the holiday season!

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

Thanks for posting that most flattering picture of me.

Missy said...

You look fine...You were totally a mom out with her kid gathering loads of candy...btw...thanks for going with us...it was fun. Next year we should just plan on going together...much more fun with an adult to talk to!

M

Summer Miller said...

I am impressed with the costumes. great job and I would love to have seen you as a goth girl.

Wendi said...

Their costumes turned out so awesome!! I love the photos.

Anonymous said...

Missy,
I've never left a comment on a blog before, so consider yourself loved:) Actually I need you to email me your address.. I want to send you a Christmas card and the last time I mailed you something it got returned... So will you please do that for me? Thanks so much... I'm also not sure if I have your correct email address:)
Angela